PER JOAKIM AGRELL
Swedish citizen. Born January 13, 1967 in Stockholm. Married July 9, 1999 to Stephanie.
Speaks English, French German, Swedish, Russian and understands Danish.
- May 2000, Docent (habilitation) in production economics, Linköping University, Sweden.
- Dec 1995, Tekn. dr. in production economics, Linköping University, Sweden.
- Dec 1991, MSc in industrial engineering and management (civ.ing.), Linköping Institute of Technology, Sweden.
- August 1991, MSc in industrial engineering and operations research, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, USA.
- August 1987, Defence Interpreter's School (TolkS), Uppsala University, Sweden.
Productivity Analysis and Performance Measurement
Development of measures and benchmarks for assessment of operational efficiency, using non-accounting economic indicators and physical data. Generalized convexity approaches and analogies between planning theory and performance measurement. Regulatory design using DEA and agency theory, in particular applications to the electricity sector.
Modelling and studies of supply chains from a managerial and micro-economic viewpoint. Applications of game theory and market theory to cooperatives operating under imperfect competition.
Energy Network Regulation
Economic and systemic analysis of energy networks (electricity, gas, district heating), both from a theoretical regulatory as empirical viewpoint (productivity development).
Active as owner of Sumicsid SPRL and Sumicsid AB, an agency for advanced systems economics analysis,
in particular within Risk Management, Efficiency and Regulation. The business idea is to provide state-of-the art
expertise based on current research, including policy advice, strategic and tactical analyses and design of training programs.
The clients include private business as well as governmental institutions and market regulators in at least four countries.
The company has partners and activities in Sweden, Denmark and Belgium.
- 2005 - , Full Professor of operations management, Louvain School of Management, Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium.
- 2001 - 2005, Associate Professor of operations management, Louvain School of Management, Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium.
- 2000 - 2001, Visiting Researcher, CORE, Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium.
- 1998 - 2001, Associate Professor (lektor), Dept of Natural Resource Economics, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
- 1997 - 1998, Visiting Associate Professor (gästelektor), Dept of Operations Research, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
- 1996 - 1997, Visiting Professor, Dept of Management, University of Georgia, Athens, USA.
- 1996 , Research Scholar, International Institute of Applied System Analysis, Laxenburg, Austria.
- 1996 - 1998, Assistant Professor (universitetslektor), Dept of Production Economics, Linköping Institute of Technology, Sweden.
- 1991 - 1995, Research Assistant (doktorand), Dept of Production Economics, Linköping Institute of Technology, Sweden.
- 1989 - 1991, Teaching Assistant (amanuens), Dept of Production Economics, Linköping Institute of Technology, Sweden.
Title: Professor(production economics)